Thursday, September 6, 2012

Qpop Tokusatsu Show + some wee foxes

 This is my piece for the Qpop Tokusatsu show...a cuter take on Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. According to the event page, "Tokusatsu (特撮?) is a Japanese term that applies to any live-action film or television drama that usually features superheroes and/or monsters and makes considerable use of special effects (tokusatsu literally translates as "special filming" in Japanese).

More info about the event here!: https://www.facebook.com/events/454837717870454/

The show opening is on Saturday, Sept 15 @ 7 PM. A lot of great artists will be participating, and it should be an amazing show. Hope to see you there! Here are some process pics:

this is how it usually starts, with crappy thumbs in PS

Sketch. After I'm done sketching in PS I'll print it out to do a graphite transfer

i usually use extra watercolor paper scraps as my palettes

 And here are some sketchy foxes from a while back :)


6 comments:

DoctorTeeth said...

That is lovely! If I was anywhere nearby I would be at that place in a heartbeat.

Chris Jimenez said...

Cute, I like the Ghidorah gag.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful Fox! Woooow! Super cute!

Carrie Liao said...

@DoctorTeeth: Thank you! :D

@Chris: thanks, I was just feeling silly :)

@Claudio: Thanks so much!

Kurtis Rios said...

Post more often! I love your art, and I check this blog like everyday :)

NOW said...

I love how this post not only had great art but was also very informative. :-)

 
eXTReMe Tracker