Monday, April 21, 2008

Texture Practice again!

There is only about 3? weeks left of school....and considering how much I have left to do, I should be at my 90% stress level right now...eek.

But I just finished submitting stuff for an internship so I just can't get into the work-like-mad-and-get-it-done zone. I spent class working on more texture practice today:



Bark this time. I walked around a few weeks earlier just taking pictures of random textures. There's something about this one though...I think maybe it's just the brush settings I have but the color seems a bit desaturated. Also, it's not...jagged...enough. ah well.

Attempting to work!

ha. everything looks better when it's smaller!

4 comments:

jen bergan said...

in photoshop the brushes have a very airbrushed look to them, and that might be part of the problem of the lack of texture.

but i think the color looks fine, maybe add just a little more orange in some areas.

corinne said...

I have the same problem with making edges softer than they should be ^^; . Maybe going in with a higher opacity brush on some of the edges might help it feel more jagged?

Its cool to see how your practice pieces are going :) . Now I'm inspired to do some more of them too~ (unfortunately that will have to wait till summer though... :P).

Carrie Liao said...

haha yea...i think i might have to just adjust the brush settings

thanks for the feedback guys (:

Terry C. Wong said...

Hey Carrie,

Nice lookin' textures! =) And thanks for the comment. It was good to see ya too. Good luck with your stuff and keep up the good work =)

 
eXTReMe Tracker